Friday, March 25, 2011

First Amendment at Work

     If you haven't heard, I have filed for a position on a local school board.  As it turns out, I am running unopposed (as are the other candidates), so there will be no election.  This is good and bad.  It is good because I can devote my time to studying the law, which I have been doing.  This is bad because not very many people in my community and school will know that I will be their spokesperson.  This is the reason for this particular blog.
     When I say I am "studying the law," I mean that I have started with the Articles of Confederation and working my way down to local school board policy.  I am a big picture thinker who believes in getting to the root of a matter in order to understand the growth that has occurred over time.  I am also a patriotic American who believes in our rights and who will defend each and every one of them.  The freedom of speech is one that I hold near and dear to my heart, so this blog will remain in tact regardless of what others may believe to be good or bad about it.
      I want to hear from all stakeholders who care about the school, the community, and our kids' futures.  I know that many of these folks have a great fear of speaking publicly or even expressing themselves in writing, but I encourage everyone to take an active role in what happens with the most important creation on the planet, our children.  If anonymity is a must, then comment anonymously.  I promise that I will read and post the comment without any identifying "marks" so that voices will not be squelched.
      Keep those cards and letters and e-mails coming, my friends.  I WILL listen.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have adjusted the settings on the comments to allow you to comment without having a Google account. If this still does not work, I will call one of my former students who can help me out.