Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cost Drivers in School Mandates

         As I venture into the land of school finance in preparation for serving on a local school board, I am inundated by a plethora of information.  I have been working my way around the Texas Association of School Boards website in an effort to gain insight into school funding.  This information should be shared with all educators and school personnel so that they also understand what is mandated by the state and what is not.  The link below will take you to a booklet that gives a decent overview of the "ties that bind" our schools since there is little or no funding provided for their implementation.  Take a look and let me know what you think.

http://www.tasb.org/legislative/legislative/reports/documents/unfunded_web.pdf

Note:  Please share my blog site with other school personnel, community members, and all stakeholders in education.  (Gee, I guess that would make this important to every single person in the community!)

"I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education."
Wilson Mizner (1876-1933) American dramatist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have adjusted the settings on the comments to allow you to comment without having a Google account. If this still does not work, I will call one of my former students who can help me out.