Friday, July 22, 2011

A Great Teacher: A Follow-Up to "Key to the Future" Post

      I feel compelled to define the term "great teacher," since I used it so casually in my last blog.  Here is MY definition: one who makes an honest assessment of the needs of another human being and assists that person in finding ways to fulfill those needs.  Notice, I said nothing about age, education, certification, or experience.  Great teachers do not always come with degrees, nor do they always come with lots of experience. Can you think of a "great teacher" in your life who taught you something that somehow helped you solve a problem or accomplish a task or reach a goal?  Please share your story.

1 comment:

  1. Well said, Shirley! Those of us that are "in the trenches" are not asked our opinions on decisions that are made on our behalf. If we were asked, we may acually feel as though we are valued as an employee. Thank you for your blogs and your continued support of education and educators!

    ReplyDelete

I have adjusted the settings on the comments to allow you to comment without having a Google account. If this still does not work, I will call one of my former students who can help me out.